Sunday, May 8, 2011

Flash 10 review


The Road to Flashpoint – Who is Hot Pursuit?

Writer: Geoff Johns

Artist: Francis Manapul

Colorist: Brian Buccellato

Letterer: Sal Cipriano

Cover: Manapul and Buccellato

Variant Cover: Ed Benes, Rob Hunter w/Buccellato

Assistant Editor: Darren Shan

Editor: Brian Cunningham

First off I am sorry for this and my next review coming out very late. I have become addicted to DCUO. The second part of this arc helps the story comes to focus with the help of Bart Allen. This issues I feel leaves the reader with one burning question What exactly is Hot Pursuit’s role?
The writing by Johns I felt was very good my favorite was the discussion between Barry and Bart about Barry ignoring the family and specifically Bart. If this book was going to continue I could see it becoming an equal theme in the Green Lantern books of Hal taking the ring off. The second part of the book has Barry catching up with an ex coworker and she helps determine a motorcycle is at a crime scene that Barry was sent to investigate which calls into question Hot Pursuit motives?
The art was more vibrant when Barry was in costume. I listen to Flashback issue 10 episode while writing this and the two halves of the book are drawn completely different with the second part more laid back. Perhaps the best parts were of Bart Allen speeding around Barry. I can imagine Wally fans would complain because Wally is on this cover and not in the actual book. Even with the cover switch from Flash #9 Wally was not even in costume for his cameo then. I feel like covers should actually depict a panel from that issue.
Flash #10 did move us closer to Flashpoint and was perfectly drawn to fit the mood of each half of the book. It hints at something to Bart as he struggles to find a relationship with Barry. Almost to say, if I am gone then you will miss me. I really hope Flashpoint doesn’t happen on another Earth or Universe. .It is just sad to see that no Flash book will accompany Flashpoint.

8(out of 10)

No comments:

Post a Comment